Simpson & Brown Architects with Addyman Archaeology

Menu

Filter

Archaeology
Heritage Consultancy
Museums, Galleries & Visitor Centres
Places of Worship
Leisure & Commercial
Residential
Castles & Country Estates
Landscapes, Ruins & Monuments

David Marshall Lodge

A purpose built ticket and office building built for at the David Marshall Lodge Visitor Centre near Aberfoyle. It provides facilities for the high rope adventure company ‘Go-Ape’ and houses a wood-fuel storage bunker and boiler.

Project Link →

Dawyck Gateway

Opening in 2008 the award winning new gateway buildings at The Royal Botanic Gardens in Dawyck replaced the existing facilities providing extensive new accommodation for visitors, staff and equipment.

Project Link →

Dumfries House

This conservation plan was subsequently completed to support work that was undertaken prior to opening the property to the public in summer, 2008. The four-volume conservation plan includes a gazetteer of the house and a separate gazetteer for the designed landscape, including buildings and other key features.

Project Link →

Kinross House

One of the most important and earliest complete neo-Classical houses in Scotland, Kinross House is a building of outstanding significance. Designed by Sir William Bruce for himself in the late 17th century, the building remained remarkably unaltered through the 18th and 19th centuries.

Project Link →

Rothesay Pavilion

Prepared for Argyll and Bute Council, the draft report of 2003 examined this landmark 1937 building, and formed the basis for subsequent funding applications. The report was updated and finalised in 2010, forming a conservation management plan to accompany the proposed restoration and alteration of the building.

Project Link →

St Margaret's, Oatlands

St Margaret’s Church is a Category B listed building located at 110 Polmadie Road, Oatlands. The Simpson & Brown Conservation Plan was commissioned by the Glasgow Buildings Preservation Trust, as part of a proposed restoration and conversion into use as a community facility as part of a wider area regeneration project.

Project Link →