Simpson & Brown Architects with Addyman Archaeology

Menu

Filter

Archaeology
Heritage Consultancy
Museums, Galleries & Visitor Centres
Places of Worship
Leisure & Commercial
Residential
Castles & Country Estates
Landscapes, Ruins & Monuments

Arbroath Abbey Visitor Centre

Located within the grounds of Arbroath Abbey in Angus, this oak framed Visitor Centre provides facilities for visitors to the historic abbey. It featured a complex curved sedum roof, the first of its kind in Scotland.

Project Link →

Bouctouche

Bouctouche is a new private chapel in New Brunswick, Canada. The chapel next to an old Protestant burial ground which contains memorials to the many Scots families who emigrated to this part of Canada from south-west Scotland.

Project Link →

The Chapel of St. Albert the Great

The Chapel of St. Albert the Great is an award winning new build chapel located within the gardens of a Georgian town house in George Square, Edinburgh.

Project Link →

Paisley Abbey

Simpson & Brown was commissioned to write a conservation plan for Paisley Abbey and the Place of Paisley and to design a new building that completes the missing west side of the cloister.

Project Link →

Queen's Cross Church

A scheme of fabric repairs and internal alterations to Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s Queen’s Cross Church in Glasgow was completed in December 2006 for the Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society.

Project Link →

Rothesay Pavilion

Prepared for Argyll and Bute Council, the draft report of 2003 examined this landmark 1937 building, and formed the basis for subsequent funding applications. The report was updated and finalised in 2010, forming a conservation management plan to accompany the proposed restoration and alteration of the building.

Project Link →